We are committed to building the leaders of tomorrow. As part of that commitment, we are proud to offer a JD Diversity Leaders Internship program. This program, which is part of our firm-wide effort to attract top diversity talent, joins our existing recruiting and retention initiatives run through our McKinsey Black Network and our Hispanic Latino Network.
Our JD Diversity Leaders Internship program (JDLI) provides a highly select group of Black/African American and/or Hispanic/Latino law students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey & Company. Candidates who are currently 1L's at U.S. law schools are eligible to apply. As part of this unique program, JD Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work in one of our offices in the U.S. or Canada
- Gain real-world experience with the broad range of work McKinsey consultants do, including serving clients and expanding McKinsey's internal knowledge and capabilities
- Build critical new skills through a training program specifically designed for the JDLI program
- Participate in a number of social activities throughout the summer to get to know our culture and interact with other summer interns and members of our Black and Hispanic/Latino communities
McKinsey is deeply focused on learning and personal development, and we want to ensure candidates are given the right training and experience to be set up for success post-graduation. At the end of the summer, successful interns may receive an offer to join us as full time associates after the completion of their law degree.
Ideal candidates should possess the following attributes:
- 1L's who plan to graduate in the spring of 2019
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
- Initiative-taking and leadership skills in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Genuine interest in a business and find problem solving exhilarating
- Enjoy working in teams
Your resume does not need to be tailored for McKinsey, but we encourage you to highlight teamwork and leadership experiences.
Events & Key Contact Information
The deadline for the 2017 JD Diversity Leaders Internship program is December 1, 2016. Applications must be completed online here.
Should you have any questions about the internship, please email Meegan Bluman.
Learn more about the diversity networks and people at McKinsey.