McKinsey Case Workshop
Celebrating the next generation of black talent
What is this workshop all about?
McKinsey believes that diversity matters. Our latest research, “Why diversity matters,” finds that companies in the top quartile for gender or ethnic diversity are more likely to perform better financially.
Now we’d like to invite you to find out more about consulting and the types of problems consultants solve day to day.
We are looking to get to know individuals who:
- enjoy problem solving and creative thinking
- enjoy working in a team and being creative
- are passionate about diversity in the workplace
- want to meet McKinsey consultants, learn more about the work they do and explore whether consulting might be a good fit for them
- want to grow via training and feedback
- want to be inspired to make a difference
If this sounds like you, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to take part in an exclusive one-day case study workshop in London on 21st October 2016.
What are the eligibility requirements?
We invite applications from talented black individuals across Western Europe who are:
- Current students working towards a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, or PhD, from any degree, discipline or background
- Early stage professionals with any background and less than 6 years of work experience
To apply to this event you must currently be working or studying in one of the following countries: Austria; Belgium; Denmark; France; Germany; Italy; Ireland; Luxembourg; Netherlands; Norway; UK; Portugal; Spain; Sweden or Switzerland.
What are the costs to attend?
This event is free to attend. If you are required to travel to London, McKinsey will cover reasonable expenses for your journey.
How do I apply?
Please submit your application online by 21st September 2016.
To apply you will need to submit the following documents in English:
- Your CV including details of your education (including grades), any work experience as well as any extracurricular activities and achievements
- A one page cover letter outlining why you are interested in this event and what you are hoping to learn from the day
The event will take place in London. However, for application screening purposes when you apply you will need to list up to four office choices as well as any particular practice you may be interested in–only list London if you would like to work there in the future.
Do make sure you choose a location to which you have strong ties to and whose local language you are fluent in. If you choose a practice, make sure you have relevant experience. This does not limit you to any particular office/practice for the future.
Please note that this event is an opportunity for you to meet us and learn more about working at McKinsey, but it is non-evaluative. Attendance at this event does not mean that you will be offered a job at McKinsey & Company.
Submitting your CV
Include all your academic achievements and previous work experience on your CV. In addition, please note the individual country requirements:
- France, Portugal, United Kingdom: Academic transcripts are optional and do not need to be submitted, but make sure to include relevant grades in your CV
- Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain, Switzerland: Submit academic transcripts from university
- Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden: Submit academic transcripts from high school onwards