At McKinsey you don’t just come to work, you come to change - to change a client’s perspective on a challenging issue, to change your growing capabilities into expertise, and to change the world around you. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture enriches creativity, innovation, and problem-solving abilities. With the APD Diversity Impact Award, we celebrate and support diverse candidates like you who strive to meaningfully change the world.
Award recipients will receive a financial award to celebrate the impact they are having during graduate school and/or plan to have during their summer employment, volunteer work, or research in the business or public sector.
McKinsey will select award winners to receive:
- A McKinsey mentor
- A guaranteed invitation to interview with us
What are the eligibility requirements?
Eligible applicants will:
- Identify as being Black/African American and/or Hispanic/Latino
- Receive their PhD, MD, or non-business master's degree from Columbia University or Georgia Institute of Technology between May 2018 and December 2019
- Non-business master's degree students should expect to complete their master's program four years from the time they received a bachelor's degree
How do I apply?
Submit the following by January 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM:
- Current resume (in PDF format)
- Short answers (100 - 150 words per response) addressing the following questions (attach in PDF format in "Other Documents" in your application):
- Describe your most meaningful achievement and how this relates to your field of study and/or your future goals
- Have you had impact at your school through a campus, social, or other organization or effort that you would like to share?
Applications must be completed online here
and only complete applications will be considered. Students may only submit one application and group submissions will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be evaluated in February 2017
on their application materials as well as one round of interviews that will be 30 minutes in length. No prior business knowledge is required.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by March 2017
Should you have any questions about the award, please email Lindsay Firger
or Sasha Richards