Unrivaled opportunity for GLBT consultants
Since 1994, GLBT at McKinsey (GLAM) has led the way for GLBT support within McKinsey and in our community.
McKinsey is an unmatched leader for recruiting top GLBT talent, and was a forerunner of GLBT-specific recruiting efforts. McKinsey was the first to formalize GLBT recruiting, the first to launch GLBT-specific events at U.S. business schools, and the first to support GLBT recruiting conferences for MBAs and business students.
Likewise, McKinsey has even more “firsts” when it comes to GLBT benefits. Most recently, GLAM efforts resulted in McKinsey becoming the first to reimburse employees for the tax paid on benefits for unmarried couples worldwide. This builds on our pioneering implementation of domestic partner benefits worldwide and global GLBT networking events.
As a firm, McKinsey develops leaders for itself and for the world. GLBT consultants get the best of McKinsey, and more.
Unparalleled support for GLBT consultants
- First employer to eliminate tax inequity on domestic partner benefits globally
- Domestic partner benefits in every McKinsey office, no matter where in the world the consultant is based
- Specific and clear support for transgender members of the firm, including full coverage of gender reassignment procedures
- Perfect score of 100 in the HRC Corporate Equality Index, every year since 2006
Exceptional impact for the GLBT community
- Strategic Partner of the Point Foundation – the nation’s leading GLBT scholarship organization
- Pro-bono opportunities with GLBT organizations, including:
- National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce (USA)
- Stonewall Diversity Champion's Program (UK)
- GLAAD / Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (USA)
- Founding sponsor of major professional GLBT conferences, including Reaching Out MBA Conference, the Out for Undergraduate Business conference, Out on Bay Street, and IvyQ
- Co-sponsor of the German Diversity Award for businesses that implement effective and sustainable diversity initiatives with clear, demonstrable results, so that success can be replicated across all industries as new best practices
Global network of members and alumni
- Global GLAM Conference of all GLAM consultants from all offices, always held in a different country/location (past locations include New York City, Cologne, Berlin, Chicago)
- Rapidly-growing network of mentors and colleagues worldwide, more than half outside North America
Organizations we work with: Point Foundation (pointfoundation.org), GLAAD (glaad.org), National Gay & Lesbian Task Force (www.thetaskforce.org), Reaching Out (reachingoutmba.org), OUBC (outforbusiness.com), Out on Bay Street (outonbayst.org), MILK Career Congress (milkcareer.com), HRC (hrc.org), Stonewall UK (stonewall.org.uk).
As we look to the future, we are committed to attracting, retaining, developing and advancing GLBT professionals.
Reach out to GLAM during the recruiting process to meet other GLBT consultants at McKinsey, or receive interview feedback and coaching from the GLAM team. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.