For those who are new to McKinsey, it may come as a surprise—what does being an entrepreneur have to do with an organization of 15,000 people? Yet it’s an implicit part of our values and permeates everything in our culture.
Entrepreneurs carve their own path. They are leaders who are not limited by what’s available. They are passionate and do what it takes to find support for their ideas. And at McKinsey, that's exactly what you'll be encouraged to do.
If you make a solid case to create a new area of knowledge, add a new client, launch a new practice, or transform how we work, you’ll have the resources to make it happen.
In the past few years, McKinsey consultants have:
- Launched a marketing publication for the telecommunications industry
- Organized a field trip to Asia to introduce colleagues from Germany to innovative mobile telecom companies
- Created a climate change initiative to better serve clients in this increasingly important area
- Opened a new office in Morocco
- Built a support network for alumni with an interest in international development