McKinsey & Company, a global consulting firm with more than 100 offices in over 60 countries, is committed to helping clients make lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. We have helped leaders of companies, governments and nonprofit organizations worldwide address their greatest challenges for the last 80 years.
We are also committed to building the leaders of tomorrow–as Forbes magazine recently stated, “The best CEO launch pad is McKinsey & Company.” As part of that commitment, we are proud to announce a Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program. This program, which is part of our Firm-wide effort to attract top diversity talent and foster connectivity and development among current diversity consultants, will join our strong network of existing programs to serve Black Client Service Staff (BCSS) and Hispanic/Latino Client Service Staff (HLCSS).
Our Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program provides a highly select group of Black and/or Hispanic/Latino undergraduate students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey & Company. Candidates who are currently college sophomores at U.S. universities are eligible to apply. As part of this unique program, Diversity Sophomore Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work in our Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, New York, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C. office
- Rotate through experiences designed to give interns real-world experience with the broad range of work McKinsey consultants do, including serving clients on a client service team as well as helping to build McKinsey's internal knowledge and capabilities
- Build critical new skills within a training program specifically designed for the Diversity Sophomore Leaders Internship program to introduce them to McKinsey and arm them with the skills needed for a successful summer at the Firm
- Participate in a number of social activities throughout the summer to help them get to know our Firm culture, interact with other summer interns, as well as members of our BCSS & HLCSS communities
At the end of the summer, successful interns will receive an offer to join us as a Summer Business Analyst for the following summer between their junior and senior years.
Ideal candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Sophomores who plan to graduate in the spring of 2016
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
- Initiative-taking and leadership skills in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Genuine interest in a business and find problem solving exhilarating
- Enjoy working in teams
Your resume does not need to be tailored for McKinsey, but we encourage you to highlight teamwork and leadership experiences from both high school and college. Examples may include work with student government, varsity sports, or a debate team. Additionally, please list on your resume any scholarships and awards that you received in high school and/or college (e.g., National Honor Society, National AP Scholar, Gates Millennium Scholar–this list is not exhaustive).
Campus events and key contacts
Join us for a virtual presentation to learn more about the Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program. The session will take place on Tuesday, October 29, 2013, at 7:00 pm ET. Please RSVP for the session. Should you have any questions about the internship, please email Tricia Wall.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, November 10, 2013, at 11:59 pm ET.
Learn more about the diversity networks at McKinsey and meet our people.