McKinsey's Advanced Operations Group (AOG) is an exceptional team of accomplished professionals with deep functional and industry experience from the very best companies in the world. The AOG provides distinctive knowledge and capability support to ensure our clients receive the best solutions to their biggest challenges, and provides perspectives from multiple industries and functions that help our McKinsey teams drive their best results. The AOG works directly with the firm's clients and our Client Support Teams to develop and deploy the world's finest operations capabilities.
Operations is the fastest growing, and now largest practice, within McKinsey. Our clients look to us to provide deep expertise in their industry and/or functional areas and the AOG was created to satisfy that demand. With operations leaders from the world's top companies, the AOG is uniquely positioned to help lead McKinsey, as well as worldwide industries, in exceptional operational thinking and practice.
AOG practitioners have an opportunity to develop deep and long-term relationships through working side by side with clients at all levels, while providing best-in-class operations capabilities and driving sustainable solutions to business problems and functional challenges.
Specialists and Experts bring in-depth operations expertise and capabilities to identify and deliver world-class solutions to our clients' most critical challenges, as well as provide distinctive end-to-end support to ensure our clients achieve and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended changes. AOG consultants coach clients directly and take important leadership roles on teams, mentoring and developing the skills of generalist consultants.
You will have opportunities to learn and grow from experiences in client engagements as well as from direct training received through our firm. You will work alongside the very best in the industry, while growing both professionally and personally. Along with on-the-job experience, McKinsey dedicates significant time toward targeted training, from both industry and functional perspectives. Throughout your time at McKinsey, you will attend training sessions dedicated to developing your consulting skills as well as your industry and functional knowledge: hands-on workshops that target building your expertise, group training led by some of the best thinkers in every industry and function, and deep-rooted networking within the AOG all drive your McKinsey experience and professional growth.
Who you are
- You have deep and exceptional expertise and a desire to leverage your knowledge in a meaningful way
- You have a desire to continuously learn, build upon your strengths, and reach your potential by working in an unrivaled global network of exceptional operations problem solvers
- You want to pursue your passions and entrepreneurial drive by crafting cutting-edge solutions and tackling complex operational problems at leading global institutions
- You value an opportunity to experience real and lasting impact by supporting and coaching clients through the implementation of your ideas
- You enjoy developing deep and meaningful relationships by working collaboratively with clients in every engagement
- You have significant transformational and industry experience in an operations environment, with a clear ability to drive strong results
- You have the ability to translate your knowledge and experience across unique client situations and among teams to drive operational improvements
- You have a high level of energy and commitment to the continuous pursuit of your own learning and development
- You have strong people skills and ability to engage across all levels of an organization, particularly the frontline