Success in retail today requires business leaders to get the balance between science, art, and craft just right.
The reality of retail is shifting. Retailers operate in an environment of fragmented needs, hybrid consumption, changing channels, multiple formats, big data, and real-time decisions. Ever more demanding shoppers want it all – everywhere and all the time. Social media spreads the news at the speed of light, whether of a good deal or of a broken promise.
Building strong brands, developing compelling and relevant messages and offers, and managing marketing ROI is now more complex than it ever was. At the same time, new entrants, many of them pure online players, are changing the rules of the game.
Retail marketing may rarely have been more challenging, but it was also never quite as rewarding as it is today. Retail Marketing and Branding provides an overview of the tools and approaches to drive growth, manage this complexity, and balance analysis with pragmatism.
Recognizing recent developments in the industry and incorporating the latest and greatest of our rapidly evolving knowledge, the second edition of Retail Marketing and Branding includes:
- All-new chapters on format development and promotion management
- Thoroughly revised chapters on digital evolution and digital marketing
- New interviews with SevenOne Media, Altagamma, and OWM
- More than a dozen new case studies, including Amazon, and Asos
- Updated facts and figures throughout, including three dozen all-new exhibits