We believe we will be successful if our clients are successful.
Solving the hardest problems requires the best people. We think that the best people will be drawn to the opportunity to work on the hardest problems. We build our firm around that belief. These two parts of our mission reinforce each other and make our firm strong and enduring.
We are a values-driven organization. Our values reflect the thinking of our founder, James O. McKinsey, and Marvin Bower, managing director from 1950 to 1967, who was a major force in shaping the firm. Our values have been updated in small ways to reflect the changing times. They inform both our long-term strategy as a firm and the way we serve our clients on a daily basis. We put aside one day a year to reflect as a group on what our values mean to both our work and our lives.
Adhere to the highest professional standards
- Put client interests ahead of the firm’s
- Observe high ethical standards
- Preserve client confidences
- Maintain an independent perspective
- Manage client and firm resources cost-effectively
Improve our clients’ performance significantly
- Follow the top-management approach
- Use our global network to deliver the best of the firm to all clients
- Bring innovations in management practice to clients
- Build client capabilities to sustain improvement
- Build enduring relationships based on trust
Create an unrivaled environment for exceptional people
- Be nonhierarchical and inclusive
- Sustain a caring meritocracy
- Develop one another through apprenticeship and mentoring
- Uphold the obligation to dissent
- Govern ourselves as a “one firm” partnership