As part of the interview process, most candidates are asked to complete the McKinsey Problem-Solving Test.
This is a multiple-choice, case-based test that assesses your problem solving abilities and helps us understand how well you would perform as a McKinsey consultant.
In addition to helping us understand your skills, this exercise will also provide you with a better idea of what our consultants do.
About the Problem-Solving Test
- The test was designed so that no business background is required or expected.
- The test consists of 26 questions.
- You will be given 60 minutes to address as many questions as possible.
- The test uses business scenarios, based on real McKinsey client cases, to help us learn about your ability to think through the types of business problems McKinsey consultants face.
- You do not need to bring anything to the test.
- Calculators are not permitted.